ROUTE: SAIGON - TIEN GIANG/BEN TRE - CAN THO - CHAU DOC - SAIGON
The tour is designed to give fully images of MEKONG DELTA and a combination of doing the must check out tourist activities and take part into local culture. You will have a chance to see the highlight of every province/city where we stop. Like visiting bee farm, seeing coconut candy workshop, listening to traditional music in BEN TRE, the famous Cai Rang floating market in CAN THO, and an interesting mixture of culture of Vietnamese and Cham people in CHAU DOC together with TRA SU BIRD SANCTUARY which known for almost-untouched natural beauty and its sanctuary of flora and fauna. We will travel by boat, spend time to cycle around the small village, eating the authentic typical well-known food in the South and stay at both homestay and hotel. During the tours, you may see some wild animals if having a luck. It is packed full of fun with a lot to see, do and experience. ⇒BOOK NOW to get FREE AIRPORT TRANSFER.
♦ Tour type: Private Tour.
♦ Duration: 4 days, 3 nights (a night at homestay)
♦ Start time: 7:45am (Optional)
♦ Transportation: Private car, boat and bicycle.
1st day: SAI GON - TIEN GIANG, BEN TRE (Lunch, Dinner)
7:45: Welcome by our tour guide at the hotel and heading to MY THO, TIEN GIANG.
9:30: Arriving the boat station, transfer by boat to the island, doing activities which includes:
- Heading to visit a famous island in Mekong Delta to take part in the orchards and local homes.
- Boarding the motorboat and heading to learn coconut candies making process from a workshop. Sample of candies can be tasted.
- Passing through bee-keeping farm and enjoying honey tea, a typical Mekong house can be viewed along the way.
- Having lunch with five authentic Vietnamese dishes and fruit for desert.
- Travel by XE LOI or horse carrying to reach a performance site where Vietnamese traditional music (Intangible Cultural Asset of Humanity accredited by UNESCO in 2013) can be heard and seasonal tropical fruit can be tasted.
- Afterward, being on a small hand-rowing boat (the main mean of transportation in My Tho & Ben Tre) and slowly cruising through a small creek with beautiful overhanging coconut trees. Lives from both sides of the creek can be observed.
13:30: After exploring the island heading to BEN TRE province. On the way, stop at Chocolate Farm where you can see the working process and having the conversation with one of the family member to share about the business stories and experiences.
15:30: Check in the homestay, taking a rest, enjoy yourself.
........: Spending time with the local family doing activities: sharing cooking time, doing fishing, cycling around the neighbor area…etc
2rd day: BEN TRE - CAN THO (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
…….: Spending the morning at the homestay and having breakfast.
9:30: Continue going to CAN THO city.
12:00: Having lunch at the local restaurant.
13:30: Arrive, check in the hotel and taking a rest.
15:30: Cycling around the small village to have a closer look about the local living. On the way, having a chance to go pass some local ferry and stop at Gian Gua historial relic (a former military shelter during Vietnam war).
18:00: Going for the Food Tour to try authentic Vietnamese food with some of the choices below: (You can discuss with the guide in person) or having dinner at the Riverside restaurant.
- Duck hotspot - duck meet cook with tofu cheese, eating with vegetables and taro.
- Cơm tấm - broken rice with BBQ rib pork.
- Bánh xèo - Vietnamese savory pancake.
- Bánh tráng nướng - Vietnamese pizza.
- Xôi - sticky rice and smoothie for dessert.
- Eggplant in clay pot, frog, rat, challenging food (Optional and please request in advance).
19:30: Back to the hotel and enjoy by your own: walking around the night market, Chinese temple...
3rd day: CAN THO - CHAU DOC (Breakfast, Lunch)
- 5:15: Starting early for visiting CAI RANG floating market, the highlight of every visit. We will travel by private boat, on the way, driving through the small canals to bring you closer look about the local living style. Then, stop to visit noodle making place, fruit gardens. Having traditional Vietnamese coffee and Hu Tieu - pork noodle soup local as breakfast on the boat.
- 8:30: Back to the hotel and check out.
- 9:00: Departure to CHAU DOC.
- 12:30: Stop for lunch, having Nem Nướng - grilled pork sausage with a lot of vegetables.
- 13:30: Continue going to TRA SU Bird Sanctuary
- 14:30: Arriving Tra Su which have a wide variety of colorful birds and other animals. Driving through the Tra Su area by motor boat, rowing boat and by foot. From a high observation deck, you will have a beautiful view over the mountains in the area, the expanses of mangrove forests and numerous birds.
- 16:00: Heading back to the city.
- 17:00: Check in the hotel and having free night.
4th day: CHAU DOC - SAI GON (Lunch)
- 8:00: Having breakfast at the hotel.
- 8:30: Doing a land tour to visit the Floating Fish Farm by boat to see how local doing their work, walking around the Cham Village to see the locals and house style which are built with bamboo canes and fastened the roofs in trees. Back on land, check out CHAU DOC market.
- 12:00: Check out the hotel and heading back to SAIGON. On the way, stop for lunch.
- 17:00: Arriving SAIGON, drop off at the hotel and finish the tour.
9 and more
Price per pax
=> Please email us for a quote if you want to book your own accommodation.
Hotline: +849 3996 9823