Experience the world of the Cu Chi freedom fighters with a visit to their famous tunnel system. This network of over 200 km of tunnels became legendary during the 1960's when they played a vital part in the American War, allowing the Viet Cong to control a large rural area close to SAIGON. In their heyday, the tunnels were functioning underground cities.
- Depart from the center to Cu Chi district. Leaving the city behind, the scenery changes to views of rice paddies, villagers drying noodles by the side of the road and other scenes typical to southern Vietnam.
- We arrive in Cu Chi Tunnels (Ben Dinh). Then we will watch a propaganda film a wartime propaganda film showing how local guerilla fighters were "American Killing Heroes" (a short introductory video showing how the tunnels were constructed).
- After that travelers can try delicious manioc which is the main food in Cu Chi during the war.
- We then spend the next hour exploring the maze of tunnels in Cu Chi. Also on display are various mantraps and the remains of an American tank as well as numerous bomb craters made by 500 pound bombs dropped by B52 bombers.
- If you are interested there is an opportunity to fire off rounds from an AK47 or MK16 at the nearby rifle range, seeing local made rice wine and rice paper.
- Driving back to SAIGON.
|Group size||2 people||3 - 4 people||5 - 6 people||7 - 8 people|
|Small group tour||
(The price is apply per person)
Please note that with the PRIVATE TOUR, everything will be very flexible. Changing can be made during the tour time if request.
Hotline: +849 3996 9823