Unlike the other typical Cu Chi Tunnels Tour in half of the day and being in a crowed, as it is one of the major highlights of Saigon. Our “Exploring Cu Chi Tunnels” tour offers customers a laid back trip in order to have enough time to understanding deeply about the history. We will visit “Ben Duoc” which a bit further away but we will miss the crowds and stop at a local family to have 3-4 authentic dishes for lunch.
Let’s experience the world of the Cu Chi freedom fighters with a famous tunnel system. This network of over 200 km of tunnels became legendary during the 1960's when they played a vital part in the American War, allowing the Viet Cong to control a large rural area close to Saigon.
Departure time: 8:00am (Optional)
Duration: 6 -7 hours +
Transportation: Private car.
- Leaving the city behind to depart to Cu Chi district, the scenery changes to views of rice paddies by the side of the road and other scenes typical of southern Vietnam.
- After a short drive, we will arrive in “Ben Duoc”. First up is a chance to watch a wartime propaganda film showing how local guerilla fighters were and a short video showing how the tunnels were constructed.
- We’ll take a break and enjoy try delicious manioc—the main food in Cu Chi during the war. Known also as cassava, this starchy delicacy is a hit with all our tour guests.
- We then spend the next hour exploring the maze of tunnels in Cu Chi. Be ready to be amazed at the scale of these underground habitats. Also on display are various mantraps and the remains of an American tank.
- If you’re interested, you’ll have an opportunity to fire a few rounds from an AK47 or MK16 at the near by rifle.
- Seeing rice paper and make rice wine making.
- Having lunch at a local family house before heading back to Saigon. (Your choice)
- Heading back to Saigon, we will drop you off at your hotel.
|Group Size||2 people||
3 - 4
5 - 6
7 - 8
|Small Group Tour||$35|
(The price is applied per person)
Excluding: Personal expenses, firing range fees.
Hotline: +849 3996 9823